Ball Valve General Information
- The ball valvemust be operated until it is fully rotated. It must only
be operated in the fully open or fully closed position.
- Ball valves cannot be used for pressure reduction or throttling.
Use of irregular flow causes damage to the balls. This situation may
cause malfunction, leading to leakage or flow interruption. Moreover, the flow reduction leads to a significant increase in temperature at the ball valve surface.
- Some tools, such as pliers, hammers, wrenches, extensions etc. should not be used to operate ball valves. Use of such tools may damage the actuating elements and the shaft seats.
- The ball valves must not be subjected to a force.
- Special use or environmental factors (humidity, vibration, switching frequency, electromagnetic field, explosion hazard areas, etc.) must be specified at the time of order.
- Ball valves should only be used for the specified fluids.
- Contamination must be avoided. Dirty liquids can damage the sealing elements. Therefore, leaks may occur and the valve cannot function.
- The operating temperature of -10°C to + 50°C should be considered. Otherwise, the service life of the valve may be reduced.
- Ball valves are shipped dry and clean in package. Protective covers must be removed during assembly. Unpackaged products must be protected from direct UV and / or sunlight.
- When installed in the explosive zone, the operating frequency must be limited to 10 / minute to prevent the operating valve from overheating.
- Exceeding the nominal pressure and exceeding the operating temperature will result in leakage and destruction of the ball valve.
- Caution: Danger to life!
Stainless Valve Assembly Information
- Care must be taken to wear gloves when turning the handle. (The ball valve absorbs the temperature of the fluid and therefore heats up.)
- Any change in the ball valve design, the drilling of mounting holes or the welding of the plates, is strictly prohibited.
- In the event of a fault, the system pressure and fluid must be drained and the ball valve replaced by qualified personnel. If necessary, the system must be deactivated.
- Repairs may only be carried out by the manufacturer.
- The manufacturer is not liable for damage caused by qualified personnel and improper disassembly.
Things to be considered in all kinds of repair work
- In automatic armatures, the power line must be disconnected before repair and maintenance. (Due to the danger of being trapped.)
• It must not be allowed to be operated by third parties.
• Relieving and depressurizing the piping system.
• Be aware of possible residues in the environment and the risks involved. (If necessary, wear protective clothing, gloves and goggles.)
• If necessary, allow the armature to cool down.
• Observe the criteria such as pressure, temperature, suitable liquid.
This manual does not cover the national accident prevention or regional safety rules of the user, but must be observed in any case.